Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saren Zameen Par...

All those who saw yesterday's match will definitely agree with me that this blog deserves no better title. Australians literally crushed us. I was praying if there was any possibility of Rain @ MCG.
I had one preplanned meeting at 3.00 PM. I just postponed it for the India - Australia 20-20 match.
After the so called superb performance of our GREAT Indian Team in the recent test series, like everybody I also had big hopes from our stars. Why not, after all they are the so called world champions of the shorter version of the game. Sorry they were the champions of the game. But yesterday I saw the very champions coming down one after another from the cloud NINE. All the super(stars) came down to earth.
Mr Gambhir, Mr. Uthapa, Mr. Rohit Sharma, Dhoom dhoom Dhoni, And the big mouth Shrisanth just landed straight on earth.

Guys what I was saying,I had post poned my 3.00 PM meeting to 5.00 Pm so that I could enjoy the cricket match. Thought of having the lunch while watching the match and had other big plans. But what plans.Like the Indian team, my plans also came crashing like a pack of cards.
I had left my desk at 2.10 PM. By the time I reached for lunch, switched on TV I had imagined something like 5 overs 100 runs. But to my surprise (actually I should not have been surprized), it was 5 overs some 5 wickets and 32 runs. I quickly switched off the TV. Somehow grabbed my lunch and was back to my desk again 2.45 PM. At 3.15 PM Somebody from my team yelled 'India all out for 74 and Aussies are well on course of reaching the target'. I tried to neglect and tried to concentrate on my work.
I was still repenting why the hell did I postpone my meeting? Don't know. I knew Aussies will win this time. But atleast I was expecting a good game of cricket. Few big hits, few sixers. Nothing more. Forget big hits, there were only 3 boundaries in the whole innings. I didn't watch the world cup (except the final). After the world cup exit earlier, I had drifted away from cricket and our inconsistent players. But the world cup win again pulled me back.
I always wonder why this happenes only with the Indian team. Look at Australia, whenever they lose (hardly I remember any matches they have lost), but they lose in style. They they will try till the end. They never give up. They win 16 matches in a row. They try to break their own record of consecutive wins. Whereas our team, we win few matches and lose many. We win matches only against Bangladesh, Zembabwe, Kenya. We will only in India (where the pitches help us). We don't lose only when rain GOD is happy.
Moreover these 1 or 2 wins are sufficient to make our players the heroes over the night. Then again no guarantee if they will repeat the same performance in future. Mr Joginder Sharma, Mr Yusuf pathan our 20-20 World Cup heroes where are they? I heard Joginder got married immediately after the world cup final. because he himself was not sure if he will ever get an opportunity to play again, forget performance . ha ha ha.

India's performance is really disappointing and frustrating. I have decided, I will not waste my time again. But again soemewhere I know, that is not possible...

No comments:

LLMs: Understanding Tokens and Embeddings

 https://msync.org/notes/llm-understanding-tokens-embeddings/